Seven guards indigenous peoples sikuani and piapoco make up this project, located in Cumaribo, Vichada and Inírida, Guainía. His name was given to it by the communities, making allusion to the tree of life, from whence they came out all fruits or food.
KALIAWIRI REDD+ seeks the protection of 358.065 hectares of forest and the benefit of over 1,000 people belonging to the guards.
Between their lines of action is the establishment of educational processes in forest governance, entrepreneurship, gender equality, rescue of cultural tradition and ancient alinderamiento territorial; as well as reforestation, community monitoring, and deployment of renewable energy and improvement of infrastructure in communications, among others.
Cumaribo, Vichada and Inírida, Guainía
- Indigenous Reservation Cali Barranquilla (Pi)
- Indigenous Reservation Concordia (Pi)
- Indigenous Reservation Flores Sombrero (Pi)
- Indigenous Reservation Chocón (Pi)
- Ward River Indian Siare Ravine Cute (S)
- Indigenous Reservation Saracure Río Cada (Ip & S)
- Indigenous Reservation Guaco Alto Guaco Bajo (Pi and Pu)
- Peoples Sikuani (S), Piapoco (Pi) and Puinave (pu)
Objective: Equip indigenous reserves with teams to improve inland waterway transport.
Indicator: Number of means of transport achieved.
Media made: 6
Objective: Build a water supply system for the communities.
Indicator: Number of housing bugged.
Objective: To empower communities and especially to the population's educational service of the internet.
Indicator: Total number of people benefited.
Objective: To provide communities with a space of encounter.
Indicator: Number of facilities operated