‘Water and sanitation for all’ is a great challenge in the agenda of the Sustainable Development Goals to 2030 if we take into account the effect that climate change is having on the water in all the world. Contribute from our daily activities will be of great help to adapt and achieve this goal.
To purpose of the international day of water that is held every march 22, whose objective is to raise awareness about the global water crisis and the need to find measures to deal with it, we can not overlook the effect of climate change that is evidence, primarily, through this water resource.
Changes such as droughts, alteration in the water cycle, melting glaciers, raising the temperature of the fresh and salt water, and altering the chemical composition of the oceans, are evidence of the climate crisis that the planet is going through.
These changes in the water result in actions that transform the human behavior and threatens the existence of different species, such as droughts brought about by increase of fires, and in turn, the displacement of terrestrial life, the same as the temperature change in the water salt or fresh, which also alters the ecosystem; and one of the most obvious changes is the melting of glaciers caused the extinction of wildlife in the poles.
It is impossible to ignore how climate change is manifested through the alteration of the natural water cycle, and how to turn on the alarms due to its scarcity, among other reasons, because of the overcrowding, the exploitation of aquifers and pollution. Therefore, it is necessary to effective adaptation to climate change, to guide the management of water resources in order to achieve resilience to climate change, something that will allow us to meet the Sustainable Development Goals to 2030.
- Baths of short duration.
- Use a system of control of water in the toilet to avoid waste.
- Close the faucet while you soap your hands, when you shave or brush your teeth.
- Use a number of moderate water to wash the dishes and the car.
- Watering the plants or grass on schedules, morning, using only the amount needed.
- Avoid using appliances like washing machines and dishwashers, to washing minimal amounts of clothing or tableware.
- Do not dispose of pollutants, waste, or oil in the toilet, dishwasher, or sink. Apply this tip if you're going to the beach, a lake or river.